3 Healthy Smoothies for Weight Control
Everybody loves smoothies because they are delicious, healthy, versatile and easy to make. You can make healthy smoothies for weight loss or to gain lean muscle mass. It all depends on the ingredients you put in. Smoothie recipes are so versatile that you can have a different one every single day of the year.
Forget the commercial smoothies and make your own. When you make your own smoothie at home, you take control of all ingredients that go in it. You can blend fresh fruits and other natural ingredients for a healthy smoothie. Homemade smoothies are healthier and a whole lot cheaper.
How To Make A Smoothie
- The key to a healthy smoothie is to use whole foods. All you need is a base of milk or juice, whole fruits, and ice. Blend everything together and enjoy!
- Find a base for your smoothie that you like. This can be milk or fruit juice. When trying to loss weight, you can use tea as your base. You can also try healthier alternatives such as soy milk for protein. For a tropical twist, use coconut milk. Or you can make almond milk by blending almonds and water before adding your fruits.
- Add fruit. Start with fruits that you like, such as apples, pears and strawberries. Bananas are also good in smoothies. Once you have mastered the art of making healthy smoothies, try other fruits such as mangoes, papaya, kiwis, blueberries, etc.
- Add ice. Ice makes your smoothie thicker without adding calories. When using frozen fruits, you will need less ice.
Blend slowly at first. Gradually increase the speed until the smoothie has the right consistency.
Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss
When you’re trying to control your weight, these healthy smoothies will satisfy your sweet tooth and curb your hunger pangs longer. Blend all ingredients together and serve.
Low Fat Strawberry-Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is naturally sweet and contains 173 calories with zero fat.
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 cup ice
You’d never guess that this delicious, low-calorie smoothie has spinach in it. It’s naturally sweet from the blueberries, and it’s packed with antioxidants and fiber. Use frozen fruits and you won’t need ice.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 banana
- a handful of spinach
- 1 cup water
Non-Fat Fruit Smoothie
Have this healthy smoothie for breakfast or a snack. For weight loss, reduce honey to one tablespoon.
- 1/4 cup apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup ice