Use the following recipe to make a basic green smoothie.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and de-seeded
- 1 apple, cored
- 1 lemon, peeled and de-seeded
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger (optional)
- 2 cups kale, spinach, chard, beet greens or romaine lettuce
Pour the water into the blender. Add the fruits and part of the vegetables. You may have to add the fruits and vegetables slowly, depending on the power of your blender. Continue blending and adding the fruits and vegetables until the mixture is smooth.