Natural Smoothies: Why They Are Best For You
You can go to a restaurant for smoothies but they can be expensive and are often made with processed ingredients and added sugar. If good health is your goal, why not make your own natural smoothies at home? You can choose whatever fruits and vegetables are in season to ensure that you’re using only the freshest ingredients. Natural smoothies made can help you lose weight, cleanse your system, and provide vitamins and minerals that promote good health.
Fruits in Natural Smoothies
Fruits are a natural source of energy. They also provide vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. Many natural smoothies are made with fruits because they are packed with nutrients for good health. The antioxidants in fresh fruits help combat pollutants and harmful substances in the body. Adding fruits to your drinks and smoothies is a great way to boost your energy levels and help your body get rid of toxins. Fruits are also rich in many vitamins such as C, E, A and B-complex.
Healthy Fats in Natural Smoothies
Some people add wheatgerm, flax seed or nuts to their natural smoothies. These foods contain essential fatty acids that are good for the heart. They also provide dietary fiber to help the body flush out toxins and prevent colon cancer and digestive problems. The Vitamin E in nuts, wheatgerm, and flax seed nourishes and rejuvenates the skin. Healthy omega-3 fatty acids in these foods help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Smoothies offered at many restaurants often contain processed ingredients and unnecessary sugar. By making your own natural smoothie, you have full control over the ingredients that go into your drink. Use fruits in season to provide natural sweetness to your smoothie without adding empty calories from sugar. If necessary, you can sweeten your drink with honey.
Health Benefits of Natural Smoothies
Many people make natural smoothies using fruits, but smoothies made with vegetables are just as nutritious and also taste good. Smoothies made with fruits or vegetables offer the following health benefits:
- Natural weight loss. Fruits and vegetables in natural smoothies provide the nutrition, fiber, vitamins and minerals necessary to help you lose weight safely and quickly without starving your body. When you start drinking natural smoothies, you will lose your craving for junk foods.
- Improved nutrient assimilation. Blending fruits and vegetables makes them easier to digest. Nutrients are delivered more quickly and efficiently to your body.
- Increased energy and mental clarity. Smoothies containing natural, whole foods boost your intake of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. You will feel more energized and you will think more clearly.
- Increased fiber intake. Natural smoothies contain fiber from the fruits and vegetables that you add to your drink. Fiber is good for a healthy colon and digestive system.
- Clearer skin. Natural smoothies are high in fiber and antioxidants that help your body eliminate toxins and get rid of harmful free radicals. Your skin will become clearer, smoother, and more radiant.